11/15/10

MOM??

The Kids are All Right.... A film by Lisa Cholodenko if this is a direcotr that you have never herd of you are not alone my freind. However i was drawn to this movie (not just beacuse it is about lesbians) but more importatnly i saw the name Julianne Moore. I mean come on Children of men, Hannibal, And the Big Labowski need i say more. There is not much of a doubt in my mind that Julianne Moore is one hell of a actress right up there with Jody Foster (sorry babe) and Maryl Streep. So i was interested and i watched. I was pleasently suppriesd, this film has one of the most intristin plots i have seen in a length of time. A lesbian Couple Nic and Jules have two teenage kids, a son and a daughter thanks to there sperm donor Paul portrayed by Mark Ruffalo. The relation ship is good all around but something goes asque and sorry no spoliers here just watch the movie it is worth your hour and a half. Other than a pridictable ending and some laugh worthy acting, over all i must say i will be looking into veiwing more of Lisa Cholodenko's work.

1 comment:

  1. I read about this in VOGUE, (obv. as Moore is the new lady-lady for BVGARI), and they said it was damn good too....

    I guess I'm gonna have to give it a try...:)

    ReplyDelete